U Homes displays are now open for business
The Victorian Government announced an easing of restrictions in both Greater Melbourne and Regional Victoria.
The changes will commence from 11:59pm, Thursday 10 June 2021.
Greater Melbourne – what has changed?
While some restrictions will end on 11:59pm Thursday 10th of June allowing more businesses to reopen, many restrictions will continue to remain in place for at least another week.
What restrictions have changed in Greater Melbourne?
- The Authorised Provider and Authorised Worker list is no longer applicable;
- The 5 reasons to leave home will no longer apply;
- The 10km rule will no longer apply in Greater Melbourne;
- Melburnians will now be able to travel 25km from home. The only reasons to go further than 25 km will be work, education, care and caregiving, and getting vaccinated;
- Travel into regional Victoria to visit family and friends or take a holiday is not possible for now.
Can Display Homes and Colour Selection Centres re-open?
Display homes and colour selection centres can re-open in Melbourne subject to:
- Facemasks being worn indoors and outdoors where social distancing is not possible:
- A density quotient of one by four metre squared is applied;
- Electronic record keeping requirements are adhered to;
- COVIDSafe plans are updated;
- All other COVID health and hygiene requirements
When am I required to wear a facemask?
You must wear a facemask in Melbourne:
- In all indoors settings – including indoors on a building site;
- When outdoors and unable to socially distance.